Your child’s smile is a very important element in his or her life. Sometimes early age habits, poor hygiene, carelessness and adventures will make an irreversible damage to your child teeth or jaw structuring which needs proper dental procedure to get cured. These damages cannot be cured until your child might reach his or her puberty because of the ongoing jaw formation. After becoming eligible to certain procedure, its duration, cost-effectiveness and some other elements are the main cause of concern in teens. Invisalign in Dubai is one of the most desirable procedures among pediatric patients and adults.
Invisalign and braces both are teeth straightening procedures with a few differences. To choose the most-effective procedure for your child, here are some of the major differences to ensure proper dental restoration.
- Basic Structure: Braces are metal brackets, bind in your child teeth with glue, rubber bands and wires to give a certain amount of pressure which effectively reshape and straighten child teeth and also fill up gaps. Invisalign, on the other hand, is an aligner tray made from smooth and comfortable plastic material wore on teeth to make them move towards accurate structure.
- Color and appearance: Braces are matched to enamel color but fashioned with desirable rubber bands to make your smile more appealing. Invisalign are transparent and unseen during smiles and talks.
- Treatment Duration: Braces are usually wear for two years continuously on an average but Invisalign can be removed for few minutes to an hour or two on daily basis. The effectiveness depends on your child’s consistency to wear it properly. Usual time of its implication is 18 months.
- Procedure Cost: braces will cost you nearly $1800-5500 where Invisalign will cost you $5000 on an average.
- Care and Maintenance: regular brushing and routine care is needed during braces wearing while your child has to remove the Invisalign tray before eating and drinking other than lukewarm water. Your child also needs to brush his or her teeth before wearing back trays to eliminate risk of staining.
- Follow-ups: braces need monthly follow-ups and positioning and resetting at night time while Invisalign needs replacement every two weeks and monthly to six weekly visits for a follow-up.
Some other pros and cons included;
Braces are more effective for multiple issues. They don’t need extra care during regular eating and drinking. They are suitable for less disciplined teens that don’t like pressure on teeth. They are also appropriate for teens that need other dental treatments like root canals, cavity cure, and premolars. Braces have another advantage of vertical tooth movement which is not possible in Invisalign.
For further details ,please visit pediatric dentist Dubai to find suitable dental treatment option for your child.